Monday 2 October 2017

蒸鸡蛋糕 (Steamed egg sponge cake)

This is my childhood favourite and as a child I used to see my dad using those spiral wire whisk and whisk until hand tired and once during trial he made a stone cake. If accidentally hit people can die one. Hahahha... oh well... its eventually he doesn't make it anymore and I just got from outside stalls to eat. Even so, nowadays there seldom sell this outside. So I suddenly feel like eating and decided to try making it. After 3 failed attempts, I finally got to the nearest taste I remember. The old school steamed 鸡蛋糕!












蒸鸡蛋糕 (Steamed egg sponge cake)

Ingredients

2 Medium eggs (55g)

150g fine sugar

150g Sprite

Pinch of salt

½ tsp vanilla extract

225g plain flour

2 tsp baking powder

10g vegetable oil

Method

Beat eggs with sugar for about 2 mins. Add carbonated drink, vanilla, pinch of salt. Sift plain flour with baking powder and add to batter. Finally add vegetable oil. Put into paper cups. Steam on medium high for 15mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment